MSI Now Part of iBUYPOWER's Optiboost Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Anyone else think this when they read the article, "But doesn't MSI already offer the best equipment possible within the notebook in that price range?" I really don't see how iBuyPower can make the parts selection any better than what MSI already stuck inside there.
MSI overdoes the parts selection to an absurd degree apart from maybe a 5400RPM HDD. I mean what company even thinks 3 eSata SSDs in Raid0 is a good idea? I'll tell you, its MSI because it ain't worth doing unless its overkill that may kill your system.

Steve Simons

Honorable
May 31, 2014
Anyone else think this when they read the article, "But doesn't MSI already offer the best equipment possible within the notebook in that price range?" I really don't see how iBuyPower can make the parts selection any better than what MSI already stuck inside there.
MSI overdoes the parts selection to an absurd degree apart from maybe a 5400RPM HDD. I mean what company even thinks 3 eSata SSDs in Raid0 is a good idea? I'll tell you, its MSI because it ain't worth doing unless its overkill that may kill your system.

I would think this is a partnership built upon mutual gain. iBuyPower gets a better entrance into the laptop market, MSI gets to increase its market share by potentially capturing some of iBP's customer base, and further it will allow MSI to run more efficient builds of say 5-6 different configurations ad nauseum and allow iBP to handle any custom builds. It might even allow them to enter into the mainstream big box retailer market. Just a thought; it might not be a popular one or one that is correct, but a thought none-the-less.

iBUYPOWER - Jason

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
Hi,

Steve Simons is exactly right regarding the custom builds. If consumers prefer an MSI laptop (especially with that sexy red and black trimming), we give consumers the choice to customize what goes inside their laptop. Most of the configurations are pre-set, but we give you the option to expand your hard drive capacity, RAM, and upgrade your processor.

Let me know if you have any questions or contact me at jason.maryne@ibuypower.com :)

Status
Not open for further replies.