[SOLVED] MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 hitting 80° while gaming. Is it ok?

savastanosacha

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
My configuration

hardware.jpg

Outside temperature is like 30°, room temperature maybe 24-25

Solution
280mm CLC mounted in the front of a MB510L.
Hmm, that chassis doesn't have the strongest thermal performance - but it can be worked with.

Do you have the CLC's fan pushing air through the rad or pulling air through the rad instead? I recommend doing pull if you aren't already.
Rear exhaust, and 2 top exhaust are also recommended.

savastanosacha

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
Last edited:
Seeing as how you are using afterburner, I'd encourage you to setup a custom fan profile within the settings menu. Configure it so that your GPU fans spin up to 100% at something like 60 degrees; observe the temperature difference and see if the temperature drop is worth the increase in fan noise.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, that chassis doesn't have the strongest thermal performance - but it can be worked with.

Do you have the CLC's fan pushing air through the rad or pulling air through the rad instead? I recommend doing pull if you aren't already.

Reactions: savastanosacha
Solution

savastanosacha

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019

Hello again.

I followed your suggestions and installed two top exhausts.
Rear is pulling, top is pushing.

I'll let you know how it goes :D

Hello again.

I followed your suggestions and installed two top exhausts.
Rear is pulling, top is pushing.

I'll let you know how it goes :D

That doesn't make any sense, exhausts should all be orientated the same way no matter whether they're in the rear or the top.

Meaning the support struts on the fan frame should be to the metal grill on the case. What you should see from inside the case is the open fan front.

Reactions: savastanosacha

savastanosacha

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
That doesn't make any sense, exhausts should all be orientated the same way no matter whether they're in the rear or the top.

Meaning the support struts on the fan frame should be to the metal grill on the case. What you should see from inside the case is the open fan front.
Ok I switched it to pull-pull.

I must say, even overclocking the CPU it now hits 75° the most. I'd say we are on the right track!

TRENDING THREADS