MSI Offering iOS App for Overclocking GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]subasteve5800[/nom]Did anyone else think this was an app for overclocking the GPU in the iPhone?[/citation]

Of course not. It's Apple. The term "GPU" is blasphemy; customer must NOT know about tech side of their device.

Umm..... wasn't that app around like since ever??? It was included with my MSI 560 Ti, I think... oh no wait, I think that was Asus' app for the mobo control/CPU OC from the phone:)

G

Ultimate LAN weapon? Hack it and use it to burn out anyone playing against you running a MSI card and afterburner. Muhahaha.

Sashmo99

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
[citation][nom]subasteve5800[/nom]Did anyone else think this was an app for overclocking the GPU in the iPhone?[/citation]

Yes, I did. What a let down!

I mean, cool idea I guess, why not? - but come on!

G

[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]Of course not. It's Apple. The term "GPU" is blasphemy; customer must NOT know about tech side of their device.Umm..... wasn't that app around like since ever??? It was included with my MSI 560 Ti, I think... oh no wait, I think that was Asus' app for the mobo control/CPU OC from the phone[/citation]

Yet oddly enough the iPhone 4s has the most powerful GPU of any smartphone currently on the market.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]Dammit i wanted to OC the GPU in my iTouch 4 for Infinity Blade 2[/citation]
There is no such thing as an "iTouch".

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

It took them a while; before that, Android phones had the first place in that for a loooong time.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]DSpider[/nom]Overclockers use iOS devices?[/citation]
i do...

[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]Dammit i wanted to OC the GPU in my iTouch 4 for Infinity Blade 2[/citation]
[citation][nom]DSpider[/nom]There is no such thing as an "iTouch".[/citation]
exactly.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

cereal-guy-cereal-guy-spitting-l.png

G

[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]It took them a while; before that, Android phones had the first place in that for a loooong time.[/citation]

Well yeah they release a new iPhone once a year, Android has a new phone every other week.

Though the iPad2 has a much better GPU then what you get with an Android tablet and it's been out for quite awhile now, and will continue to have the best gpu until probably Asus gets its Tegra 3 tablets out this month or next.

G

1. A Windows XP SP3 (with .NET 2)/Vista/7 system with an MSI-based discrete graphics card and is able to connect to internet/intranet.

So wait a minute, you are using iOS to overclock a system, that is not supported on Mac OSX?
What about the Android version, can it be used to overclock on Linux?

Little weird that the peripherals that run specific operating systems can not function on compatible operating systems.

Linux and Mac OSX support? yes please!

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Nope

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Yet oddly enough the iPhone 4s has the most powerful GPU of any smartphone currently on the market.[/citation]
Qualcomm MSM8960 is going to beat it, current testing information says it has same row computational power as iPad2. But don't forget that PowerVR SGX processors are not Apple's product but Imagination Technologies'.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Ultimate LAN weapon? Hack it and use it to burn out anyone playing against you running a MSI card and afterburner. Muhahaha.[/citation]
Actually, it works with a lot of recent cards, MSI or not. I had a MSI Geforce 210 in here and used it, then put in a EVGA Geforce 550ti and it worked just fine with it. I tried it on a machine with an ati x1300 and it didn't work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.