Question MSI Out of Range Monitor OC Message

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
So I found out that I can drive my MIS monitor at 145hz instead of 144hz (such a difference). Unfortunately, when I try to, a message comes up saying out of range. I am willing to risk damaging my monitor by doing this, but I don't know how to override the message. Any ideas?

Ralston18

Titan
Do not override - you may end up also missing other messages that could be of greater importance.

And do not over drive the monitor.

1 Hz is a negligible amount and not at all worth risking some monitor damage.

With things going the way they are going these days it is a very good idea to take full care of all components and peripherals.

Replacements may not be so readily available.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
I know 1hz is a ridiculously tiny difference (step between 120 and 144hz is 1ms already), it's just a 1080p, edge-lit, non HDR panel dating from about 3 years ago, and I've kind of been wanting to upgrade for a while now anyway. I also figure one Hz will make very little difference as far as the amount of stress on the panel goes. I've dialed in (have only undervolted or modified clocks no overvolting) everything else in my system, and I figure that, while it wouldn't make much of a difference, it would be kinda fun.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts