Question MSI P65 Creator 9SE Laptop - Games not running at acceptable frame-rate while CPU and GPU not being fully ultilized ?

H-O

Reputable
Oct 22, 2016
I have a MSI P65 Creator 9SE and it's not performing to it's capability in games.

I monitored the GPU and CPU usage while playing GTA Online. I could only get around 30 fps and below 25 fps in crowded area (it's snowing now but I don't know if that makes the fps that terrible). However my CPU wasn't running anywhere near 100% and my GPU stayed at around 30-40%. Temperature wise, both are staying well below throttling threshold.

Note that I did mess around with the configuration with ThrottleStop, however I think I've only undervolted with an offset of -110.4 mV to CPU core and cache and limiting the TurboBoost clock to 3.5 GHz. I just wanted it to run cooler.

Screenshot:
View: https://imgur.com/PoXNdGZ
GPU1 is the RTX 2060, GPU2 is the integrated one.

Spec:
i7-9750H
RTX 2060
1 x 16GB Ram

It is plugged-in. Latest BIOS, reset to optimized default. Latest drivers and Windows 10.

Some extra information, not sure if related. I bought this laptop in Hong Kong(220V) and now I am using it in Japan(100V). Tho the power brick does accept 100-240V power, if my knowledge serves me well, that shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited: