MSI PE60 installing an SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_4

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
I'm looking to upgrade to an MSI pe 60 from an old dell. But I'm a big fan of SSD speed since installing one on my dell a few years ago.

What would be the best solution? Should I scrap the HDD inside entirely for an SSD? Or is it easy to set up a 2 drive solution.
If so, would anyone be able to explain the steps for taking the SSD I already have and using that for a windows 10 partition on the MSI?

Solution
From what I've seen, your laptop has an m.2 slot for an SSD, and the ability for the optical drive to be replaced with a second HDD. In most cases, you will need a hard drive caddy to fit the second hard drive in the slot of the optical drive.

It's relatively easy to set up two drives. During Windows 10 Setup, install the OS on the SSD. Then, set the BIOS to boot from your SSD once it's installed. You won't need to partition anything, as the two drives will be treated independently in the OS. Windows 10 will run fron C:, while your hard drive will appear as D:.

metalicgeek

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015
From what I've seen, your laptop has an m.2 slot for an SSD, and the ability for the optical drive to be replaced with a second HDD. In most cases, you will need a hard drive caddy to fit the second hard drive in the slot of the optical drive.

It's relatively easy to set up two drives. During Windows 10 Setup, install the OS on the SSD. Then, set the BIOS to boot from your SSD once it's installed. You won't need to partition anything, as the two drives will be treated independently in the OS. Windows 10 will run fron C:, while your hard drive will appear as D:.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS