MSI Prices Its 27-inch All-In-One Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traciatim

Distinguished
I really don't understand how products like these sell. It's got all of the disadvantages of a laptop/notebook, but none of the advantages. Why not just buy a similarly spec'd laptop and then a monitor for for when you want to use it on a desk?

whyso

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Wow, the 27 inch imac is substantially better for the money. Suprised to say this but the top end imac costs only slightly more and you get a 675mx, and a 1440p screen.

Vlad Razvan

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
[citation][nom]whyso[/nom]Wow, the 27 inch imac is substantially better for the money. Suprised to say this but the top end imac costs only slightly more and you get a 675mx, and a 1440p screen.[/citation]

And can't play most games. No thank you.

At the right price this machine would be very interesting, but as many users pointed out, it's just a laptop without kb/mouse and battery.

Besides, you can get barebones in this form factor (AIW) from other companies (like Gigabyte), and they use a micro-ITX mainboard, allowing for easy upgrade using cheaper an widely available desktop parts.

OSX has WINE-like programs. I bet that we could get most modern Windows games to run on it just fine even if we didn't want to simply install Windows on it for dual-boot or complete replacement.

ChiefScooter

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
Vlad, you can Bootcamp the iMac and play any game you want. The iMac has 1TB of storage in it if you get the regular, non SSD drives, so there is plenty of room for a Windows partition. The iMac is the best deal in All-In-Ones at the moment, with better parts than most of the competition for comparable prices, and a sexy look to boot.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Vlad Razvan[/nom]And can't play most games. No thank you. At the right price this machine would be very interesting, but as many users pointed out, it's just a laptop without kb/mouse and battery.Besides, you can get barebones in this form factor (AIW) from other companies (like Gigabyte), and they use a micro-ITX mainboard, allowing for easy upgrade using cheaper an widely available desktop parts.[/citation]

Dude, you really don't know what you're talking about. You would have been better off keeping your yap shut rather than opening it and letting us know what a fool you are.

Ok, that was harsh; withdrawn.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
[citation][nom]ChiefScooter[/nom]Vlad, you can Bootcamp the iMac and play any game you want. The iMac has 1TB of storage in it if you get the regular, non SSD drives, so there is plenty of room for a Windows partition. The iMac is the best deal in All-In-Ones at the moment, with better parts than most of the competition for comparable prices, and a sexy look to boot.[/citation]

Are you an Apple-paid commentator for forums?

ChiefScooter

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
[citation][nom]fuzzion[/nom]Are you an Apple-paid commentator for forums?[/citation]

Definitely not. Been using Microsoft products since DOS. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Apple and their products and practices, you still cannot deny that at the moment, the iMacs are among the best offerings the All-In-One market has. I have researched other manufacturers and their products, and they all come in with higher price points with comparable hardware and specifications. Feel free to prove me wrong.

brendonmc

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Wow! What an over-priced, low spec'd pc. The 27" IMac is a masterpiece of engineering and is cheaper, though not touch screen. The dell U2711 is not touch either but looks equally amazing if you just HAVE to run windows. Touch screen on a desktop just doesn't make sense.

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Oh hell no, I'll take a 27" iMac any day over this. Bootcamp the thing if I want to play the selection of games for Windows. But since STEAM is running just fine on OS X now, no need to infect the MAC with Windows spyware.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
MSI needs to revise their pricing estimate down about $800 - then they may have something. The iMac OWNS this product/price/performance location.

Even if it was a grand... I'd not buy ANY 27" all in one with only a 1080p screen, 1440p is barely enough res for 27".

G

if it cost more than apple and offers less than its just a complete fail, good selling any of these msi

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS