MSI Pro 24X 7M All-in-One Review: Design Efficiency at its Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
2 NICs, this really is just a nuc in a monitor.
Price is reasonable for a comparable office machine, shame you cant get one with just a M.2 SSD of a slightly larger size (64 gb). Otd be the perfect receptionist desk computer.

why would it need one?

no one is going to buy an AIO PC for gaming so why waste the money on one? plus the low powered i7 CPU in it will probably bottleneck it which means it would be a waste in the end. for the people who buy these AIO computers the graphics core in the i5 is more then enough

Aug 2, 2018

Sorry , Alot of people will buy AIO for gaming , and it wont bottleneck anything .. people game on notebooks with GTX 1060.

g-unit1111

Titan

No Dedicated GPU ... cant they just add the tiny GTX 1060 in there ? at least make it an option.

SmoggyActualGoldeneye.gif

AIO hardware is mainly the same components that you'd find in a laptop including GPUs. That's how they're able to fit a full PC into such a tiny space. Sacrifices have to be made somewhere and most of the time that includes using smaller components than you would find in a desktop. And yes, people do game on these systems. But that doesn't necessarily mean you should. And no, you can't fit the mini ITX (tiny GPU) into that type of a form factor - it would need a much larger case and PSU. I would suggest doing more research on AIOs before making such ridiculous claims in the future.

Aug 2, 2018

where di I say add itx GPU card ? I said add a tiny GTX 1060 , I did not say anything about itx. a tiny GTX 1060 can be MXM card as well.

I suggest you open your eyes and read carefully before telling people to do their research next time when you cant read well and need glasses.

g-unit1111

Titan

Really you're accusing me of not reading when I said what you're proposing is absolutely impossible to do. That's rich. A "tiny" GTX is in fact a mini ITX GTX 1060 card - it requires a full power supply in order to function properly. It cannot fit into that space and it can't use the built in power.

bignastyid

Titan

I thought after your last round of ridiculous ideas got shut down with common sense you were taking your ball and leaving.

There is a laptop version of the GTX 1060 and if there was a market for it manufactures would make aios with them. Problem is there is no market for them as they would cost more and make less sense than a similarly spec'd desktop.

g-unit1111

Titan

My own laptop that I'm currently using right now has a 1060 in it - and it performs pretty adequately. So that pretty much negates any argument about using a "tiny 1060".

Aug 2, 2018

a Moderator trolling and flaming how nice .. Sorry dude a tiny GTX 1060 does not mean ITX in anyway.

and Dell Already has AIO with AMD RX 580 MXM card with 8GB GDDR5 which uses more power than MXM GTX 1060 , Apple has The Vega MXM cards in their new lines , and I only see you trolling and flaming . and I dont care if you are a moderator when you go against the rules of your employers in the forums.

just some education for you

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/inspiron-27-7775-aio

Aug 2, 2018

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/inspiron-27-7775-aio

AMD RX 580 with 8GB GDDR5 ...

no market yea sure

RX580 > GTX 1060 both in power and wattage AND memory size and Dell are selling Them like hotcakes.

The Dell AIO inspiron 7000 , 4K monitor , 8 cores Ryzen 1700 , plus RX 580 with 8G GDDR5

bignastyid

Titan

Well they do say a sucker is born every minute. It's going to cost you $1200(1080P), $1400(4k version) and comes with slow ram that is going to hamstring the performance of the Ryzen. So you end up spending hundreds more than a similarly priced desktop and getting gimped cpu performance all to save a little space.

Also The RX 580 is less power efficient than the GTX 1060 and performance wise they are similar and it varies between games which takes the lead by a few FPS. also we are volunteers not employees.

Aug 2, 2018

AIO has its advantage that justifies $200 more . Dont worry not all people share your thoughts . and not all people want to OC and not all people care about getting a desktop over AIO.

and i7 also exists in AIO with good GPU look them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.