MSI R7 370 Gaming 2G graphics card not recognized after installing drivers or utility tools.

I3aconi3oy

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
Mobo: ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0
Processor: AMD FX 6300 3.5 Ghz
Power supply: Corsair 500w (cx500)

Fresh build and after installing windows 8 and drivers associated HDMI cable is working through graphics card and all lights and fans are operating on the card as well, but still device manager will not recognize the graphics card. Only detected a Microsoft basic display adapter. I was curious if this could have something to do with maybe needing to update the mobo bios? Any suggestions would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

Solution
At this point, I think you should try reinstalling the drivers and then installing the latest driver for your card for the website.
I personally use DDU, aka Display Driver Uninstaller (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html), to uninstall and then reinstall graphics drivers.
Be sure not to click any of the fake download icons if you do choose this route to attempt and fix the problem.
At this point, I think you should try reinstalling the drivers and then installing the latest driver for your card for the website.
I personally use DDU, aka Display Driver Uninstaller (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html), to uninstall and then reinstall graphics drivers.
Be sure not to click any of the fake download icons if you do choose this route to attempt and fix the problem.

Solution

I3aconi3oy

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016

I updated to windows 8.1 and everything is now working properly. Weird though because it said right on the box and in the manual that is was windows 8 ready and mentioned nothing of windows 8.1. It took hours of reinstalling drivers and looking through different technical posts on various websites and nothing worked. I finally just upgraded my os out of desperation and it happened to work. Thank you for the advice I appreciate you taking the time to look into the issue.