[SOLVED] MSI R9 280x fan issue

Aug 2, 2020
Hi my MSI R9 280X fan has become unstable the fan either doesnt spin when booting the system or it makes an awful noise, so i need to keep removing side panel to push the fan back up and it eliminates the sound. Its as if the fans came unloose is there anyway of tighten the fan back up ? or is a full new fan assembly needed which needs to be ordered from china. thanks

Solution
If the fan blade center pin is broken or the fan blades no longer stay in place, then yeah, you'll need a new fan. For how old the gpu is and how often I see new versions with failed fans, it's been a pretty good run.

If you don't care for appearance, you can always just strap on some 120mm fans or similar.
If the fan blade center pin is broken or the fan blades no longer stay in place, then yeah, you'll need a new fan. For how old the gpu is and how often I see new versions with failed fans, it's been a pretty good run.

If you don't care for appearance, you can always just strap on some 120mm fans or similar.

Solution
Aug 2, 2020
Took the fan off and the circuit board had came away so just stuck a tiny bit of blue tac in and boom works brand new 👍 cards cooler now under load aswell saves money on new fans