MSI R9 380 4GB with i5 7600 what will I get?

lajuandeag

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
Hello everyone,
I want to upgrade my PC because it sucks and it automatically turns off after 10 minutes when I play CS:GO or GTA V or BO3 on 1080p. Here are my pc specs:
CPU: AMD FX 6300 (no overclock)
GPU: MSI R9 380 4GB
RAM: HyperX 1600 Mhz ddr3
PSU: Cooler Master B500 (500watt)
CPU COOLER: Hyper 212 evo
Motherboard: ASROCK 970 Pro 3 R2.0

So I want to upgrade my whole pc except for my GPU. I want to buy an intel core i5 7600 with a new 1151 mobo and 8 gigs ddr4 ram and a new PSU.
I was wondering if i will get around 60fps+ on games like GTA V when playing on high no MSAA and black ops 3. I am also currently struggling with CSGO i dont even get 60 fps with 1080p on maps like mirage. It is really annoying.
So if anyone can help me out pls gimme some feedback,

Thanks.

I would not count on 60fps with that card, but a new cpu/board and ram should help.

However I would not get that i5. On the same budget, I would get a Ryzen 5 1600 a B350 motherboard, and ram. The 7600 would do ok, but the Ryzen is much better at multithreaded applications, which I expect games will go that way at some point, and AMD has said they plan to support socket am4 until 2020 or so. So you might have a better upgrade path for later.

I was running the 1600 and my old Radeon 7950 for a while, and it was decent performance, but the card definitely held back the cpu a little. Upgrading the graphics cards later when you have more cash will help.

lajuandeag

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017

Thanks for your opinion but I really dont believe in AMD anymore so I just wanna go with the intel and nvidia u know

If you go with intel, skip the 7600 then. It's last gen tech, and there won't be much upgrade path. You'll be better off on Coffee lake.

From Kaby Lake to Coffee Lake, you would be buying a new motherboard. That i5 you want is only about as good as the new Coffee Lake i3. Unfortunately, if you want to upgrade past the 7700K to an intel 6 core, then you will be stuck, because with intel, they are requiring a new board for Coffee Lake, even though it uses the same socket as Kaby.

Keep in mind though, they are talking about releasing Cannon Lake next year, so there will be yet another new thing from Intel on the horizon. Who knows if they would require yet another new board if you wanted to upgrade then, but count on it to be safe.

That being said, I will say I understand where you are coming from. I had an FX 6300 overclocked for a while, so I feel what you are saying there. i was tempted by the Blue Team a couple of times. But when Ryzen came out, I went and got an R5 1600, and I can say wow! What a difference! They literally did a 40-50% performance jump almost overnight.

I think they are only about 10-15% behind Kaby lake for gaming, not enough to notice a lot unless you are running a really high refresh rate, but all Ryzen CPU's are unlocked to overclock with too.

Other thing on AMD, they have already announced a 2nd version of Ryzen, so I guess you could say Ryzen 2. Supposedly using the same socket, they are releasing new motherboards, but I am hoping the old ones will support those as well. But if they can bump up their single core performance(IPC) and get higher clock speeds from Ryzen, they will basically be on par with intel.

For gaming right now, they are slightly behind intel, but when you start getting Ryzen 1600 with 6 cores and 12 threads and the 8 cores with 16 threads, they are no joke when you are multitasking, streaming etc.

AMD for a while was out of the game, but I think this new CEO means business. I know some friends of mine and I have talked, we feel like intel rushed Coffee Lake out just to get the attention off of Ryzen, because AMD has been coming back since it released. However, I digress.

But in your case, If you do wish to go Intel, then skip Kaby lake completely, and go for an i5 8400 which is 6 cores. If you really need to save money, I think you can get an i3 8100 quad which probably would be close to that 7600. At least you would have an upgrade path though The 8600k is better, and you could overclock, but of course that's more money. If you want the big dog, look at the i7 8700 and 8700K.

lajuandeag

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017

Thank you very much for your information. I also think your friends are right about the coffee lake rush. I consider to take a ryzen 5 1600x with gtx 1060 I think that is a very nice combo although I still doubt about the full gaming performance. Or I just wait a little bit longer so I can buy an i7 and no big problems.

If you go 1600x, consider the 1600 instead. It's a little cheaper and comes with a good stock cooler. A lot of guys can hit 3.7ghz on the stock cooler. The 1600x costs 20-30 dollars now than the 1600, and does not come with a stock cooler. Plus the 1600 will overclock to 3.7-3.8ghz fairly easy usually, putting it at about the same speed or a little better than the 1600x.