[SOLVED] MSI Radeon 5700 XT high temperatures

May 8, 2020
Hi,

Whilst gaming the GPU temperatures 1 and 2 (recorded on MSI afterburner) peaked 88 and 112 degrees Celsius respectively but ran only a few degrees lower on average. The temperature at rest is safe at around 35-40 degrees Celsius. In case it is important I was playing No Man's Sky on high graphics settings. The CPU temperature is safe at around 60 degrees Celsius during gaming. Should I be worried about the GPU temperature values?

My current cooling is as follows:
I have 2 fans in the front (Noctua NF-A14) pulling air into the case, and 1 case in the rear (A 140mm Corsair fan bought in 2015 I don't remember the model) pushing air out the back.
The case is an NZXT 440 - I have heard that this may be poor for temperature regulation, if so, may someone confirm this as I am willing to buy a new case if necessary.
The CPU cooler is a Noctua NH-U12S and has a fan on the front side of the heat sink pushing air towards the back of the PC.

Steps I've tried in order to reduce the temperature:
I have tried making the GPU and case fan curves higher in MSI afterburner and Gigabyte's System Information Viewer respectively. The GPU fans became particularly noisy, but I am willing to accept that if I know the temperature is safe. Here I saw little difference in temperature although it may be due to my lack of experience.
I have taken both the front and side panels off - this resulted in a temperature decrease of around 5 degrees.
I have moved the internal cables so that they are not blocking airflow - this also resulted in little difference in temperature.

I'll be glad to give any other information needed to answer the question.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Increase the normal fancurve by 10% at each intervol and you're done.

the 5700xt is a VERY hot running card.
Those temperatures are "safe" TM
They wont brick your card, but might lower its life.