MSI Radeon HD 7730 Surfaces in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

spat55

Distinguished
nice little discrete card, although there is already the HD 7750 and 7770 for that right? They seem to trying to fill something that isn't really needed.

Maybe this will replace the 6670. I would think for cost efficiency they would want to get as many of their GPU's onto a single process(28nm) and architecture(GCN).
I have a couple clients that this would be the perfect card for, well, if priced similar to the 6670 and with GDDR5.

Maybe this will replace the 6670. I would think for cost efficiency they would want to get as many of their GPU's onto a single process(28nm) and architecture(GCN).
I have a couple clients that this would be the perfect card for, well, if priced similar to the 6670 and with GDDR5.

slyu9213

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Well the 7750 equivalent wasn't the lowest video card last generation was it? The 7750 and 7770 are relatively cheap and perform well but there is always room for lower cards for people who want a discrete better than the integrated but not expensive.
The next gen video cards are delayed a bit so why not make a few more video cards for different performance levels.
I won't use this but it may be okay for people who want to go cheaper.

lloydloo

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Seems like a replacement for the hd 6670 gddr5 but amd didn't really need to make another new gpu because the hd 6670 gddr5 is still fast enough to compete with the gt 640 and adding this graphics card will just cannibalize sales.

lloydloo

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Seems like a replacement for the hd 6670 gddr5 but amd didn't really need to make another new gpu because the hd 6670 gddr5 is still fast enough to compete with the gt 640 and adding this graphics card will just cannibalize sales.

InvalidError

Titan

How much room is there? AMD's new APUs are expected to top out around HD6650 performance and Intel's GT3e might edge that out. That does not leave much room for anything really worth looking into below HD7750.

Only one more month to go until we find out how well GT3e will fare and how dead low-end discrete GPUs might be.

I would say this is a good card to replace the Radeon HD 6670 that has been re-badged as the HD 7670 and sold to OEMs only.
I would guess in Asia it will be sold in retail and it maybe only sold as OEM in the rest of the world. It seems to be a good card for an HTPC. More powerful than the HD 7670, but more importantly consumes less power and generate less heat.

cheesyboy

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Dual slot cooler ffs!
If a single-slot cooler was good enough for an 8800GTX, it's good enough for this tiddler.
I have genuine hate for the "fashion" for oversized coolers on low-end GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.