MSI radeon r9 270x graphics card low fps cs go

onsior

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
Hi guys, I have a Radeon r9 270x msi card and a AMD a6 6400k radeon hd graphics 3.90ghz processor with gigabyte ga-f2a88xm-ds2 motherboard and 6gb of ram - in cs go during an online match with only 10 players including myself i get drops of 80fps and lower which causes game to stutter and jolt. The card isn't that bad so shouldn't i be getting a lot more fps? note I am using a 32" telle but even with a benq monitor i do not get much of an fps boost? is it the set-up i am using as i have checked requirements on sites like can i run it and says its past minimum requirements

I do put everything on low and turn v sync and stuff off, high performance power. Just cant find anything to give me the boost of fps?

Not a tech person so if anyone could help would be much appreciated

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

you have a good gpu

but your cpu is entry level, csgo is cpu bound

onsior

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
Hmm I play quite competitively and all pros say the more fps the better and smoother, my fps isn't consistent it will go from 80-90 to 50 and sometimes a little lower? Surely I should be getting a lot more I have every setting on low and have even turned every setting in 3d application to low.

I was using a sapphire 6570 and a 3.0 ghz cpu and was hitting 120+ consistent fps now I am using this setup struggling to hit that? Have tried so many things just cannot work it out..

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

what was your exact build before?

onsior

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015

I had an amd athlon II another gigabyte motherboard and the same 6gb of ram and the same power supply?

Alex Dorades

Reputable
Mar 28, 2015
It seams like it is processor problem. First of all go sure that you have all drivers updated APU GPU. The A6 6400K is an dual core APU and its not so powerful than a FX 6300. A 4 core CPU can handle CSGO better for more fps (120+). Go msconfig and setup numbers of cores and ram.

missingvoid

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
Well,i am not a pro..first just like alex said update your gpu drivers and make sure that its your external gpu that is working...secondly,the obvious thing is that your processor is actually slowing down because it is not syncing well with r9 270x this powerful gpu needs four strong cores to work and sync with processor thats why i think its lagging behind not because of gpu but because of your processor...thirdly,the only thing that can do is either overclock your processor or buy a new one or like you are doing it use a gpu that works well with your cpu...lastly,,switch your graphic card according to the game that you play,,i have also got this problem and just overclocked my processor an i was good to go...

TRENDING THREADS