Question MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor X Card Issue

Jan 25, 2020
I have purchased a new MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor X (8G) card. I uninstalled the previous software for my Gigabyte R9 38G1(4G version). I installed the newest firmware for the 580 card. I started playing Conan Exiles and within about an hour of playing it my screen goes to snow then the computer will reboot and I get a message that says Windows unexpectedly restarted. I do not experience this when the computer is not playing games.

After checking the connections of the card, I submitted a Return through Newegg and they sent me another one. After installing it again, I have the same error. When I put back in my older gigabyte R9 I have no trouble at all. Is this card just not a quality card? I haven't changed any of the specs of the card, they are all the default ones that come with it. No overclocking at all. Is my system just not able to handle it? I read the recommended specs and my system looks to be fine.

My Computer.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4965
Board: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 V4 (Bios F2 - AMD AGESA OrochiPIV 1.5.0.2)
RAM: DDR3 16 Gig GSKILL PC3-10700 (667 MHz)
Card: Radeon RX580 8Gig
Power Supply: Corsair 750W
Windows 7 64bit
Direct X 11

Please let me know if there is something I should try or If you need more information.

TRENDING THREADS