[SOLVED] Msi red dram led

Aug 8, 2021
I sent an email to msi tech support to see what they say but I also thought of coming here and seeing what you guys might suggest. I’d copied and pasted what I wrote in the email. If you guys have any suggestions I greatly appreciate it.

I am having a issue with A couple of the motherboards that I purchased. The first one that I returned was a b450 gaming plus max. To let you know that I have 2 sets of 8 gb 2666mhz ddr4 ram and 1 set of 16g 3200 MHz ddr4 ram which I know is to powerful to use at the start but only put it in to show if there’s power going through when it lights up. And my cpu is a amd ryzen 5 3500 which I believe has no intergrated graphics so I have to use a Radeon rx550. I tried everything on it from using 1 ram and resetting cmos on the motherboard, and following up doing a flash bios on it which it accepts it but the dram led still showed up and no signal to monitor which I know the monitor works well with other devices. I ended up concluding that the motherboard was bricked and ended up returning it.
Now I have a b450 gaming pro carbon max wifi and still having the same issues. Do you have any suggestions such as getting a new cpu with integrated graphics or could this motherboard I got now is bricked? I really don’t know what to do at this point any suggestions is appreciated

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Ryzen 5 3500's don't have an iGPU, you will need a discrete GPU to get display, correct. The rams aren't too powerful, they will always boot with bare minimum clocks, which are DDR4-2133MHz. Are you trying to mix and match three sticks of ram on one motherboard or were they used separately from each other? If so, which slots did you populate with the 16GB stick of ram and what slots did you populate with the 16GB dual channel ram kit?

I'd ask you to see what BIOS came shipped with the motherboard, for the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon. There should be a sticker with a barcode and alphanumeric code to denote what BIOS the board came shipped with.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. If it's...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Ryzen 5 3500's don't have an iGPU, you will need a discrete GPU to get display, correct. The rams aren't too powerful, they will always boot with bare minimum clocks, which are DDR4-2133MHz. Are you trying to mix and match three sticks of ram on one motherboard or were they used separately from each other? If so, which slots did you populate with the 16GB stick of ram and what slots did you populate with the 16GB dual channel ram kit?

I'd ask you to see what BIOS came shipped with the motherboard, for the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon. There should be a sticker with a barcode and alphanumeric code to denote what BIOS the board came shipped with.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. If it's been used for a while, mentioning it's age is a good idea.

Solution
Aug 8, 2021
Hello and thank you for the quick reply, with the ram I tried the dimma2 slot first with 1 stick of ram from that I have then tried doing it with dimmb2 then eventually all slots, tried it with the 16gb 3200mhz set and nothing is registering. Oh I looked on the barcode and it’s b2009 which means it was made in sept 2020. And the psu is a aerocool intergrator 850 watt and it’s new.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
How are you installing the heatsink/cooler? If you tighten it too much RAM channels tend to drop out/not work. Maybe it could also be bent pins on CPU? Check to make sure. The pins should be absolutely clean too.
How is the motherboard bricked if you managed to flash a new BIOS on it?

Aug 8, 2021
The cooler is a master hyper 212 and it connects using a plate that it comes with that attaches to the back of the motherboard. I checked if all the ram sticks are seated in properly by having the clips click on each side. Checked the cpu and no bent pins. Thing is when I do the bios flash which takes 5 mins with constant flashing on the back, then the pc resets itself. There is still no signal to monitor and the red dram light is still on that’s why I think it’s been bricked, it’s the 2nd motherboard that’s happened to me and I’m looking at other possibility’s.