MSI Releases GTX 680-L Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]Why? No 680s have software voltage control. You don't need to pay extra for all that power circuitry on this card. It's a waste of money. If they sell it at a similar price to other 680s, that's great! But if they hike the price, as I'm sure they will, it's not worth anything.[/citation]
"this card is a bit cheaper than MSI's original GTX 680, and a small tad slower." Ummm.... Just get a 7970?

the lightning cards did. until nvidia tanked them down. the lightnings can overclock like a beast with the voltage unlocked. but there were only 5000 that had the unlocked bios

this will sell for roughly 459.99 or under, given the regular lightning sells for 499.99

if you play borderlands 2, there is no reason to get a amd card. the game looks completely different. and also to note that nvidia still has better drivers overall. depends what you want really

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
[citation][nom]TheBigTroll[/nom]still better than a reference design or anything cooler + pcb that evga churns out[/citation]
EVGA makes great looking card. They are simple and clean. The GTX 690 that EVGA produce also looks amazing with its aluminum cover. Why are you hating on EVGA?

they look good, but it doesnt mean they perform the best.

lol. all 690s are made of aluminum and magnesium.

evga is good. just that their blower coolers are no where near what the others offer

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I entered here to read why the L stands for ... but no one knows ... I tough it was to stick it in some special slim cases... but nervermind..

EzioAs

Distinguished

I think it was Lite. That's what I saw in TechPowerUp though. This is old news. Not that it's entirely bad, just old.

Status
Not open for further replies.