MSI Reveals AMD Ontario Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostyfireball

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Sounds like a solid windows 7 tablet mostly if it has the Ontario APU, the storage should be 64GB though.
I'm waiting for a Windows 8 one with the Tegra3, that'll be awesome

gomi

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
I can see what Dirk Meyer was thinking though, the profit margins for Fusion can't be that great compared to the Desktop/Server market. He did a good job with the graphics department I don't see that he deserved to be fired.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
"MSI Reveals"
"Q550 released Monday"
"Asus EP121 available march(now April?)"

Sorry oems, until you actually have your DEVICE available to buy in the UK, how about simply keeping quiet instead of making yourselves look foolish.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]saturnus[/nom]It's probably going to be the fastest tablet on the market today but also the fastest to run out of battery I fear.[/citation]
Not necessarily. With the graphics and CPU cores (along with the IMC) integrated together into the processor, the total consumption is pretty favorable compared to an Atom dual core setup, especially given the performance.

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I would like to buy that tablet just beacuse the powerful apu inside and gift it to my girlfriend, It must be powerful for that kind of use, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.