MSI Reveals its Z87A-GD65 Gaming Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Am I the only one who preferred the black and blue styling of MSI compared to the new red?
I saw that their 770 was also red and black, just like this board.
I wanted a black and blue colour scheme in my next pc, but it looks like nobod

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Really getting sick of black/red and the black/white/blue stuff I keep seeing on motherboards. You know nothing says "Buy Me" to me like an all black motherboard that works with whatever theme I want to use with it. Or at the very least a black motherboard with some colored parts that I can replace easily.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

The Z87A-GD65 Gaming will be black and red. The Z87A-GD65 "standard" will likely be black/blue like their previous boards. They did the same thing for Z77. The "non-gaming" board was black/blue and the "Gaming" board was black/red. They were nearly identical except for color scheme and a few minor component changes (Killer NIC, "gaming" USB 2.0 ports). Realistically the gaming series is mostly just an aesthetic change when compared to the non-gaming lineup of MSI boards.

cybersans

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
its BIOS is still buggy. bought several days ago paired with 4770k and guess what? its turbo ratio is locked with read-only "Auto" mode and cannot be adjusted. seems like i am using 4770 non-k version. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.