MSI Reveals New Gaming-Series Motherboards for Next Gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceps

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Screwed ITX layout, will be a nightmare to use any decent air cooler. They didn't learn anything from ASUS

Sep 30, 2013
Only reason I haven't bought a z87 mini-itx motherboard so far is that it only allow such a ridicilous amount of RAM.

The AMD boards allow 32 GB but ..

Kinda thought about getting an AMD kit instead and just upgrade say one year from now to an Intel kit then. In that case I would possibly just settle for the APU now and get that future generation of graphics card then rather than say z97 + Haswell refresh "now" and GTX 770/R9 290.

c123456

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Why can't we get away from Red/Black themed mobos? I'd prefer all motherboards to be solid black so it works with all color schemes.

MrGulio

Reputable
Apr 17, 2014
Oooo boy, I can't wait for another $400 Z87 mobo aimed at gamers with more money than sense. The black and red motif means it goes faster, right?

Sep 30, 2013
If they could stop using Killer NICs that would be great.
I would rather them use Killer NICs instead of Realtek Horse Manure like everyone else.
The problem is that I want to use Linux, OS X hack and possibly FreeBSD and weirdgear isn't an advantage. Isn't there like no advantage at all in using Killer NIC vs Intel NIC in Windows too? Feel more like a Razer advantage .. as in "thanks but no thanks - pretty marketing though .."

Status
Not open for further replies.