MSI Reveals the Wind Top AE2212G All-in-One PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]DarkSable[/nom]Good GOD!Why in the world is EVERYONE suddenly putting out "gaming all-in-one" computers?Especially when they can barely handle powerpoint....[/citation]
Geforce GT630M (Mobile) is not a gaming oriented graphics card. Very low end and designed and targeted more for casual computing or small office type work. This isn't a workstation or gaming computer.

[citation][nom]walter87[/nom]Geforce GT630M (Mobile) is not a gaming oriented graphics card. Very low end and designed and targeted more for casual computing or small office type work. This isn't a workstation or gaming computer.[/citation]

What annoys me is why they bother with the dedicated weak graphics, either use "sufficent" Intel graphics and make it an office/multimedia system, or put a DECENT gpu into it to make it a gaming all in one.

I know why its a basic GPU however - its all down to PSU limitations, its expensive to make a high output "brick" psu.

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
[citation][nom]hydac7[/nom]Each time i see that windows 8 screen i feel sick , I had all-in-ones, 2 of them , they were way too underpowered and suffered from over heating , now I'm back to normal computers ,much more power[/citation]
Yeah, my grandfather has one of these AIOs, and it might as well be a hair dryer. It's a mystery how such underpowered hardware can produce so much heat.

pogsnet

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]What annoys me is why they bother with the dedicated weak graphics, either use "sufficent" Intel graphics and make it an office/multimedia system, or put a DECENT gpu into it to make it a gaming all in one.I know why its a basic GPU however - its all down to PSU limitations, its expensive to make a high output "brick" psu.[/citation]

Marketing........ Nvidia has still charm to fanboys in europe and on some other parts of the world. As long as the name was there they can price it the way they want.

egmccann

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]DarkSable[/nom]Good GOD!Why in the world is EVERYONE suddenly putting out "gaming all-in-one" computers?Especially when they can barely handle powerpoint....[/citation]

/checks article - no mention of gaming at all. Just a good "computing" experience.
/checks source article with MSI release - no mention of gaming. Mentions A/V and music. Not gaming.
/checks MSI's site under "Gaming" - notebooks, but no AIOs. AIOs are under "entertainment" (including "the thrills of instant mesasge.")

... so, I'd have to say MSI isn't putting out a "gaming" AIO.

Status
Not open for further replies.