MSI Reveals Voice-Activated Motherboards at IDF

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We found people talking to people on voice chat funny enough, now, we'll have mobo's being the best of chat friends.
Or just imagine what would happen to all those customer care people talking to customers to try and troubleshoot their rigs....
Lol one wrong word and it's...... RMA

Like the Taxi movie from France, Luc Besson, he say Ninja to start the Car and Nip to switch it off and the visiting dignitaries are Nips.....lol

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
I've had the up-to-date version of Dragon Naturally Speaking on my comptuer for years and only use it for special situations. It's slow to boot up and a resource hog, among other problems. Speech recognition would be a big deal if it could do any useful work besides take dictation for doctors and lawyers and lower the flaps for sim pilots. Talking to a computer has a learning curve like learning to type. Most people won't take the trouble to learn something with no useful purpose for them.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]caparc[/nom]I've had the up-to-date version of Dragon Naturally Speaking on my comptuer for years and only use it for special situations. It's slow to boot up and a resource hog, among other problems. Speech recognition would be a big deal if it could do any useful work besides take dictation for doctors and lawyers and lower the flaps for sim pilots. Talking to a computer has a learning curve like learning to type. Most people won't take the trouble to learn something with no useful purpose for them.[/citation]

dragon works awesomely for me...
so long if its a fresh start...

the program works almost 100% better than my typing, mainly because my hands suck, and are in pain almost 24/7 now, and my pinkys don't like to move.

if the program isnt fresh, its a miserably pain in the (dont want sanction) because it can take up to 15 minutes to re load all the crap to the point it can work properly.

once they get that out of the way, i will use it all the time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.