News MSI Rolls Out Less Suprim GeForce RTX 3080, RTX 3070 GPUs

domih

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020
At the time of this posting:

Amazon: lists one RX 6700 XT in a mess of a list composed of RX 5700 XT, NVidia old models and scalped ones and then items one can wonder what the hell they have to do with the initial search. Fantasy listing is one of the reasons I closed my Amazon account 1+ year ago.

NewEgg: list all models, all are OUT OF STOCK.

B&H Photo: a few models listed, all Unavailable.

eBay: here they are! From $2,500 to $1,000++. ROFL.

2020 and 2021 GPUs are now a barely funny comedy, even the protests against scalpers are minimal.

CONCLUSION:
Save your dollars, kopeks and pesetas, it is NOT a good idea to buy computer hardware for now. Unless you have so much money that you do not care about buying 2X or 5X the MSRP and encouraging scalpers. Look into the mirror and tell yourself you can wait 9+ more months before spending your hard won money. If you have a hardware withdrawal crisis, just watch the unobtainable models on Linus Tech Tips, Gamers Nexus, Jay Two Cents, etc :)

Last edited:

1_rick

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2014
"MSI's Suprim family of graphics cards (pronounced 'supreme'), which was introduced with Ampere, has two new members. "

"The Suprim SE models are in fact slower variants of their X and non-X counterparts, giving way to the joke that SE may mean Slow Edition. "

They spelled "Subprime" wrong.

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018
CONCLUSION:
Save your dollars, kopeks and pesetas, it is NOT a good idea to buy computer hardware for now. Unless you have such more money you do not care about buying 2X or 5X the MSRP and encouraging scalpers. Look into the mirror and tell yourself you can wait 9+ more months before spending your hard won money. If you have a hardware withdrawal crisis, just watch the unobtainable models on Linus Tech Tips, Gamers Nexus, Jay Two Cents, etc :)
Wait longer? Please, no. No, thank you. Watching youtube videos and game streams does not equal the same experience as actually playing the game...It's depressing.

domih

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020
Wait longer? Please, no. No, thank you. Watching youtube videos and game streams does not equal the same experience as actually playing the game...It's depressing.

Well, it's your money.

The issue is not even restricted to graphics cards or CPU, PSU for instance have fantasy pricing too these days and suffer a similar out of stock affliction. We reached a point where before buying something, we better check the proposed price against the publicly known MSRP to learn by how much we are taken for a ride by profiteers hiding behind the demand/supply gospel.

I renewed my hardware in 2019. What a luck! Stuff I bought for $400 then is now sold, if in stock, for up to $1,200 or even more. That's insane. Clearly there are people abusing the situation for their own financial gains.

Not fine and not at my expense.

"...It's depressing...". Understood, the mitigation is then to avoid the "risk situations". When the "wanting" is unbearable, do something else, e.g. go for hike or a bike ride. It's like quitting smoking, it's easy as long as you have decided to do something about it.

The best reaction from users in this madness is simply not to buy and wait for the return of a buyer-market.

Reactions: Matt_ogu812

Co BIY

Splendid
Remember the good ole days when the conventional wisdom was that the PC was dead?
Who would have ever thought it would come back with a vengeance.

Part of the problem is that the "Suppliers" acted on that wisdom and have focused on the mobile market. TSMC is cranking out SOCs for Apple and others with the largest capacity it has ever had. . Nvidia's mobile offerings are the best they have ever been, same with Intel and AMD.