[SOLVED] MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus GP OC versus MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z

Vincent_35

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Basically I want to know which one of the two is better?

I can get them for a similar price but I don't know if the Super Ventus outperforms the normal 2060 Gaming Z? I have heard that the Gaming Z version is one of the best cards out there but I wonder if it competes with a Super Ventus?

Also does anyone have any idea how the cooling is for the Super Ventus?

Solution
So it doesn't matter what kind of Super variant it is? Every super variant will always outperform the normal variants?
Look at it this way: Pricing will overshadow the minor performance difference between the many different 2060 Super models.
For example, a Gigabyte Aorus 2060 Super performs like 2-3% better than the Gaming OC 2060 Super, but it costs like 40USD more... Whether that's worth it, I leave it to you...

Vincent_35

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
The super variant will beat the Ventus no matter what cooling or clock speed it may have. The 2060 Super has more unlocked cores that give it a similar performance to the 2070. So go with the super version if you want performance.

So it doesn't matter what kind of Super variant it is? Every super variant will always outperform the normal variants?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Look at it this way: Pricing will overshadow the minor performance difference between the many different 2060 Super models.
For example, a Gigabyte Aorus 2060 Super performs like 2-3% better than the Gaming OC 2060 Super, but it costs like 40USD more... Whether that's worth it, I leave it to you...

Solution