Question MSI RTX 2070 SUPER VENTUS OC Random black screens

Jul 26, 2019
Hello,

I am having some trouble with my GPU. I kept getting black screens in GPU intensive games / applications, such as Unigine Valley.
The black screens are random and last for around 3 seconds.

After using 2 different HDMI cables, 2 different monitors, multiple GPU drivers, new and old, clean OS install, I had the same result.

However, using MSI afterburner, I reduced the default core clock with 250MHz. This apparently solved my black screens issue. However it doesn't feel right to do this in order to use this this 4 month old GPU at it's full capacity.

My issue is that I've sent it to warranty, but I was dismissed with '' Test ok '' and they sent it back to me after 2 weeks.
What else is there to do ? There is a clear issue with the GPU...I've ran multiple tests

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, please feel free to comment

Below I will provide my specs .

Thank you,
Adrian

Main Board: MSI Z390-A PRO
Bios Version: 7B98v17
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER VENTUS OC 8GB GDDR6 256-bit
PSU brand and model: Super Flower Leadex II Gold 650W
CPU:Intel Coffee Lake, Core i7 9700K 3.6GHz box
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4 3000MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit
SSD/ HDD
:Intel 660p Series 512GB PCI Express 3.0 x4 M.2 2280
CPU COOLER:Noctua NH-D14
OC
: No
Operating System:Windows 10 PRO 64 bit

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020
I had a similar issue. Are you watching afterburner when it black screens? My card dropped out completely as in disapearing from device manager and all reporting on it went dead (to 0).

I still have the card so to speak but its being RMA’d the second time now. Already bought a new card from a EVGA to replace the msi card.