[SOLVED] Msi RTX 3060 gaming x trio

Oct 26, 2021
Is it possible to use 2 rtx 3060 in 1 pc I have just received my 2nd one today fitted it all and its not bringing anything up on the screen its plugged into
i know there is power running to it as all the lights are lighting up and i have done all updates that i can find what am i missing or is it not possible?

Solution
What are you system spec, include PSU make and model?

You should be able to run two GPUs, as people are doing that mining without issue. My guess it might be a power issue or possible BIOS issue. Are the cards the same make and model or different models? Have you tried clear CMOS and make sure fast boot is off in the BIOS?

You can look to get a DisplayPort hub, so you can run more than one DP monitor on the hub to the GPU. I would run your none gaming monitors through a hub and direct connect the DP for gaming to your GPU, if you go down that route of only one card.
Oct 26, 2021
purely to run 6 monitors gaming on one and mainly internet tabs would like to be able to keep playing whilst looking at info on other screens
so going by what your saying its not possible with 2 gpus? thanks for the quick reply

tecmo34

Administrator
What are you system spec, include PSU make and model?

You should be able to run two GPUs, as people are doing that mining without issue. My guess it might be a power issue or possible BIOS issue. Are the cards the same make and model or different models? Have you tried clear CMOS and make sure fast boot is off in the BIOS?

You can look to get a DisplayPort hub, so you can run more than one DP monitor on the hub to the GPU. I would run your none gaming monitors through a hub and direct connect the DP for gaming to your GPU, if you go down that route of only one card.

Solution
Oct 26, 2021
so im running i7 10700k
rog strix z490 e gaming
corsair hx-1000 psu
x2 of the msi rtx 3060 gaming x trio
already jumped and bought the 2nd card so would like to figure it out haha

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Motherboard should support that GPU in the second x16 slot with no issues. PSU is large enough.

Maybe manually have to set the PCIe speed in the BIOS, might be getting confused trying to bifurcate between the cards.

Just running some displays it is complete overkill, but no reason it shouldn't work.

tecmo34

Administrator
What PCIe 3.0 slots are you running the cards on, top two slots, as recommended and not top and bottom slots?

Do you have the 4 PIN ATX PSU connection installed next to the CPU? It is recommended when running two cards based on page 1-8 of the manual to have enough power.

Have you tried clearing the CMOS prior to installing the 2nd GPU?

Oct 26, 2021
managed to get it working only thing i did was change boot speed in the bios from fast to normal i may change it back to fast to see if that was the issue didn't do any cmos resets and im using both top PCIe and yeah i do have the 4 pin atx connected as well thanks for all your guys help

Reactions: tecmo34

jayjr1105

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
In the current climate, why would you buy a second RTX card that can't be ran in SLI? Unless you are going to mine with one and game with the other it makes no sense. There are much cheaper cards out there for triple monitor support only.