Question MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM Error code 43, was working fine before this ?

Oct 30, 2021
Hello,

first a copy-paste of the original issue from May since I am 99,9% certain it is simply related to this:

"just opened the package and installed MSI 3080 SUPRIM onto my ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING. However, programs and games didn't recognize the 3080 and I started wondering what's up. Device manager showed the error 43 so I did little troubleshooting; switched the PCI-e slot, switched power connectors, DDU uninstalled drivers in safe mode and reinstalled them, disabled fast boot from power settings and so on. Nothing seems to work, still getting the same error 43 in the device manager.

I do have 2060 also installed, that's how I'm able to check the device manager and everything. I basically have a working gaming PC, just need to get the 3080 up and running."

Little more Troubleshooting I did back then and what seemed to solve my issue:

"Welp, don't know what exactly helped, but I assume it was me changing every PCI-e setting from automatic to manual Gen3 in bios. It didn't work out at first but after one more frustrated restart the device manager finally showed the device was working and other applications and games also found it. Could've been just that or sum of multiple troubleshooting actions."

CURRENT SITUATION:

I disconnected my 2060 from my PC and the same issue as described above started again. Reattached 2060, but did not help. I am assuming software problem, because the card has been working well until now. GPU-Z recognizes the 3080, but with lots of the card's functions disabled and running only in PCI-e speed 1.1. Checked what I wrote to get it to work the last time, did not help yet.

ffKhZ6l.png

Any ideas?

-Jipper

Oct 30, 2021
Complete system specs:
i9-9900KS
ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
Don't remember manufacturer, but 2x16Gb DDR4
EVGA RTX 2060
MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM
Corsair RM850x 850W PSU

Running on Windows 10 Pro N

Oct 30, 2021
3rd time's the charm. DDU uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for 3rd time now after numerous troubleshooting actions in last few days. 3080 finally working again. Still the same as in May, not immediately, but after two restarts. Funny part is that the 2nd restart was due to bluescreen and after that it started working.

I don't even.

Oct 30, 2021
Aaaaand almost an year later I am moving the same RTX 3080 to a new PC and same issue all over again. Error 43 and troubleshooting all over again...

Not a very big friend of MSI's products with these experiences I've had.

Oct 30, 2021
New info: the GPU has 2 BIOS settings, gaming and silent. PC boots perfectly with silent on, gaming BIOS doesn't boot. I have 0 experience with GPU BIOSes, any advice/suggestions before I start doing anything by myself? I still do have warranty if that's the most preferable choice.

TRENDING THREADS