Question MSI RTX 3080 Suprim has high Hot Spot temp ?

jeerotus

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
Hello, I just noticed that my GPU Hot Spot temp goes up to 105c. I havent been looking temperatures for long time, but last time i checked everything was normal. I have undervolted my card to 0.9V and it runs fine with it, but im concerned about this hot spot temp. This card is 2 years old and i havent repasted it. What should i do about it? I have almost 1 year warranty yet.

Here is a screenshot of the GPU values:

jeerotus

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
Best option at this point is to re-paste it and hope that resolves your issue. Worst case scenario your cooler is warped on the contact area and will need a replacement.
I was thinking to buy those MSI warranty stickers so i could take a look. I know its already big problem to deal with warranty on that place where this card is bought. I saw people selling those in china so maybe i will give it a try. Im just not sure what hotspot actually even means. In hwinfo64 it says its unconfirmed value from hottest sensor. When im playing demanding VR games my GPU and memory temps are around 75-80c, which sounds absolutly fine for this card.

jeerotus

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
I changed thermal paste and it fixed hotspot temps. I noticed that my hotspot temps went up when using gpu sag support. After repastinc i can use support and hotspot temps are only 10-15c higher than gpu temps.

Reactions: Newtonius