Question Msi Rtx 3080 Temp!

Nov 7, 2022
I bought MSI 3080 .. the temperature of the card in games with the highest settings is up to 80 degrees .. is this temperature normal and safe, or are there problems? Thank you

Nov 7, 2022
Core temperature: out of 91C.
Hot spot: out of 110+C.
Memory junction: out of 105C.

Which one? Does it spike, or sit there?
The temperature does not exceed 80 degrees in the max settings and until the formac test 80 degrees.. the fans are at the factory settings.. and when it reaches 80 degrees it goes down to 77 and so on, is everything ok? thank you for your reply

Nov 7, 2022
I take it you are talking about the gpu core, and not the other 2 parameters.
Nothing out of the ordinary. It's fine.
Thank you..sorry, I do not have much experience in the field of graphics cards, and this picture is to clarify the temperature that I am talking about , thank you

emitfudd

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
Since you already have Afterburner you can set a custom fan curve. The default fan curve is for quiet or silent operation on most of these cards. Just set it to something like 30% fan speed all the time, then gradually ramp it up to 50% fan speed at your desired temp and set the last slider to 100% when it gets up to the max temp your card is rated at.

Reactions: Gameeer1
Nov 7, 2022
Since you already have Afterburner you can set a custom fan curve. The default fan curve is for quiet or silent operation on most of these cards. Just set it to something like 30% fan speed all the time, then gradually ramp it up to 50% fan speed at your desired temp and set the last slider to 100% when it gets up to the max temp your card is rated at.
I will adjust the speed also you said thank you So in your opinion, is the temperature of 80 degrees under maximum pressure appropriate and safe, and there is no danger to the card in your opinion?

May 7, 2022
Which MSI? Gaming X, Suprim X or Ventus?
for Ventus, 80C is expected.
Gaming X trio should run at 70, so if you have this model, repasting could reduce your temps (there's a chance they didn't do a good job for thermal paste in factory)
If it is Suprim X version something is definitely very very wrong.

Nov 7, 2022
Which MSI? Gaming X, Suprim X or Ventus?
for Ventus, 80C is expected.
Gaming X trio should run at 70, so if you have this model, repasting could reduce your temps (there's a chance they didn't do a good job for thermal paste in factory)
If it is Suprim X version something is definitely very very wrong.
Msi Gaming Z Trio

emitfudd

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
I'm sure 80C is within the normal range but do you want that much heat being dumped into your case? I have the same model, Gaming Z Trio and my max temp is 67C. That is the max temp ever recorded by Afterburner. Also keep in mind your card will boost above the advertised clock speed due to Nvidia GPU Boost. If I remember right the Gaming Z Trio is advertised at 1830 MHz and I frequently get up to 1980 MHz. If your card hits the thermal limit it could limit clock boost.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm sure 80C is within the normal range but do you want that much heat being dumped into your case?
Energy USED. The operating temperature being dumped into cases arguments need to stop.
What heats up someone's room and case more rapidly over time...
... is not the 3080 running at 40w and 80C browsing on Firefox...
... but the 3080 running at 350w and 67C playing a game. A 3080 at 80C playing a game is no better/worse if the energy use is the same 350w.

Also, what one's skin feels from the heated air coming off the fans is not an accurate measurement of that energy used.

Nov 7, 2022
I'm sure 80C is within the normal range but do you want that much heat being dumped into your case? I have the same model, Gaming Z Trio and my max temp is 67C. That is the max temp ever recorded by Afterburner. Also keep in mind your card will boost above the advertised clock speed due to Nvidia GPU Boost. If I remember right the Gaming Z Trio is advertised at 1830 MHz and I frequently get up to 1980 MHz. If your card hits the thermal limit it could limit clock boost.
Thanks for your response. All I wanted to know was that 80 degrees is safe. I haven't modified anything in the card settings, it's in factory mode.. I want to know if this degree may cause me problems in the future? It's only 80, sometimes it goes down to 77 and so on, but it's never more than 80

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
Thanks for your response. All I wanted to know was that 80 degrees is safe. I haven't modified anything in the card settings, it's in factory mode.. I want to know if this degree may cause me problems in the future? It's only 80, sometimes it goes down to 77 and so on, but it's never more than 80
The temp of a component depends on room temp, pc case, air flow, fan speed, whether is it in a vertical or "normal" position and etc.
My 3070ti TUF reaches 77-78C stock clock with power and temp limit set to max (before water cooling).
The case is O11 Dynamic XL with 2x360 and 1x240 radiators.
So yes the 80C is normal temp.
My girlfriend has a 10900K water cooled and Gigabyte 3080 in a BeQuiet Pure base 500 (not a good air flow case) and temps go to 80-82C.
You can use those 2 examples to decide if the 80C is safe or not ...
I'm using Nvidia GPUs for like ... 20 years and most of them that I used reached 70-80C (except one 1050Ti for a little time that I owned)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS