16gb ram (used )
Asus rog B360H gaming mobo(used)
Evga 550 watt power supply (new)
And i had a Rx 470 msi gaming x 4gb from my last build
The case is corsair 275R gaming with 3 fans
When ever i play a game the pc shutdowns down and the gpu temps reach 90C+ ,
What can i do

Solution
Probably needs to have the cooler removed, thermal pasted removed and re-applied from the GPU.

Additionally you can reduce power by manual voltage tuning.

My MSI RX480 Gaming X is running F@H right now at a slightly reduced 1235MHz and pulling 85W. 66C @ 17% fans.
Probably needs to have the cooler removed, thermal pasted removed and re-applied from the GPU.

My MSI RX480 Gaming X is running F@H right now at a slightly reduced 1235MHz and pulling 85W. 66C @ 17% fans.

Solution
Apr 3, 2020

Ok i took out the gpu right after running a stress test and it is very cool to touch even the gpu die , is that normal ? Where are the temperature sensors located for a gpu on the mobo or the gpu ?

It's possible that within the time it took to shut down your PC and remove the card, it cooled off dramatically.

Here's a better test:
Run a stress test (FurMark, 3DMark, whatever) for 10 minutes with the side panel off of your case. Then (while the test is still running) reach in with your finger and touch one of the heat pipes on your GPU.

Apr 3, 2020

It worked cleaned the card, applied new paste and now 30C at idle and 75C at max load and was able to add a little bit of overclock too !! ... Thanks