msi rx 480 armor vs gaming x

0anshu0

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Hi,
I have been waiting for the gaming x for past 2 months and its still out of stock(there is one seller from whom I plan to buy:mdcomputers in india).
I just want to buy a rx 480 but armor oc is available.I dont know how much difference will it make.
I am goin for 1080p,and a card which lasts at least two years.
And will the heat and power consumption be an issue between these two variants?
Also my specs are i5 6500,550 W psu,16gb ddr4 ram.

Is there really any significant difference between these two cards?
Also xfx is not available but sapphire niotro oc is.And newegg is kinda new here and they import stuff to india,so n ot sure if they will rma any card I will buy from them.So I am sticking with indian sellers.And amazon sucks in gpu sale in india btw.
Thanx in advance:)

Solution
At stock its very cool. Right now I have a hard time even getting the fans to kick on in games. I used furmarks test and it only hit 57c but torture test for 15mins finally got it to 62c. Its got an impressive heatsink that is for sure.

0anshu0

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

Cool.Well does it overheat when you play games at high settings for hours?Just asking because i saw somehere the cooling fans isnt that good compared to gaming x.bt i dont know if it is significant either.

At stock its very cool. Right now I have a hard time even getting the fans to kick on in games. I used furmarks test and it only hit 57c but torture test for 15mins finally got it to 62c. Its got an impressive heatsink that is for sure.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS