Question MSI RX 580 8GB Overheating?

Mar 25, 2019
Hi Guys,

My Display just goes off (No Signal) during games like Apex, PUBG. I can still hear the game sounds and the PC is running.

I've updated all the drivers, reinstalled the games, reinstalled windows, changed my motherboard.

My build is
ASUS B450-MA
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI RX 580 (8gb)
Corsair VS 550W
8gb Corsair Vengeance RAM

I've looked everywhere can't find the solution as to why this is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

PS. I did open MSI Afterburner cranked the fan speed all the way up, opened Kombuster to test, GPU temp just kept increasing upto like 85C and then display went off.

I think you have 2 problems, cuz any GPU should down clock itself if temps get too high instead of crashing.

You don't need Afterburner, AMDs WattMan utility is already running in the driver software and does all the same things.

Go to WattMan, scroll down to find "power limit" and max it out. Let us know if this solves your black screen problem.

How many fans do you have in your case? Have you tried testing with the side panel off the case?

This will void your warranty - I reapplied thermal paste to my MSI RX480 GamingX a couple weeks ago because it was hitting 85C @ max fans in games. Afterward, fans are at maybe 40% and temps are 71C.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS