[SOLVED] MSI RX 580 Drivers Not Being Detected by Games

Jan 9, 2020
I've got an MSI RX 580 8gb, the system is detecting the right card and drivers when I view them in Radeon Software but, when I play a game it says I need to update my drivers even after uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. Games like CoD:Modern Warfare, Borderlands 3, and Rainbow Six Siege. The games are also running worse than when I first installed the card

Solution
Have you tried a Bios update for your mobo? It's worth a shot. Although to me it seems software related.

Do you have another PC or a friend that you can swap out the GPU and try in another machine?
I've tried multiple versions and I get the same thing. I'm not exactly sure what's causing it. Should I try uninstalling the card through device manager and reinstalling it or could that cause problems?

Absolutely try that! Won't cause any issues. I'd also go ahead and take the card out and make sure it's clean, and there is no dust gathering on the contacts.

List your PC specs, and what OS you are running.

Jan 9, 2020
Absolutely try that! Won't cause any issues. I'd also go ahead and take the card out and make sure it's clean, and there is no dust gathering on the contacts.

List your PC specs, and what OS you are running.
My specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 2200g
GPU: MSI RX 580 8gb
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H
PSU: EVGA 500w
RAM: Two Crucial 4GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/s

Jan 9, 2020
Have you tried a Bios update for your mobo? It's worth a shot. Although to me it seems software related.

Do you have another PC or a friend that you can swap out the GPU and try in another machine?
I don’t have another pc and lost my Flash drive, considering I’m on gigabytes f10 update and the newest update for my mobo is f50 that very well could be the issue

TRENDING THREADS