Question MSI RX 590 ARMOR Freeze and BSOD Problem

Jan 7, 2020
Motherboard : Asus Z97-A
CPU: Intel i7-4790K
PSU: Corsair 750W

Hi, i bought ms rx 590 after my old gtx 970 died. It's been 2 days but i had all kind of troubles so far. First it started to freeze in game after 20mins so i reinstalled windows 10 and recent drivers but after that i got bsod error.
Do you guys know how to solve this problem ?

BSOD: View: https://imgur.com/H6s7cnE

My Current Wattman Settings : View: https://imgur.com/rHAaCCn
(It work fine for now)

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020
My guess is you didn't use DDU to uninstall the previous drive from your gtx.

So uninstall everything from nvidea/amd, use DDU (recommended in safe mode) and instal your amd software again.

Jan 7, 2020
My guess is you didn't use DDU to uninstall the previous drive from your gtx.

So uninstall everything from nvidea/amd, use DDU (recommended in safe mode) and instal your amd software again.

i used DDU to uninstall nvidia drivers and after that i reinstalled windows.

My current driver is adrenaline 2020 19.12.2 Recommended (WHQL)

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020
Do you have the same problems if you use stock settings? Generally only your P6 and P7 state should matter for gaming, so lower the other core freqs.

But I have not encountered this issue myself while overclocking AMD cards...

You could try to use ddu again in safe mode, the error code seems to be driver-related. If that doesn't work, unplug your case and check if all the cables are in correctly (8 pin (or 6+2) and a 6 pin should both be firmly in your gpu).

Jan 7, 2020
Do you have the same problems if you use stock settings? Generally only your P6 and P7 state should matter for gaming, so lower the other core freqs.

But I have not encountered this issue myself while overclocking AMD cards...

You could try to use ddu again in safe mode, the error code seems to be driver-related. If that doesn't work, unplug your case and check if all the cables are in correctly (8 pin (or 6+2) and a 6 pin should both be firmly in your gpu).
with my current settings it work fine for now. 3 hours so far and no problem. If i encounter with same problem again i'll try that too. As far as i remember it has 2x8 pins and i socketed 2x 6+2 .