Question MSI RX Vega 64 Air Boost Power State LEDs not working

Mar 17, 2019
I bought my MSI Radeon RX Vega 64 Air Boost about 2 months ago. Installed it in an older DDR3 PC and worked perfectly. I built a new PC a little less than a month ago, and it's in that build now, and again, it had been working perfectly up until a few days ago, when the power state LEDs on it just stopped lighting up. As far as I can tell, other than the LEDs, it's still functioning fine. The MSI logo is still lit up, gaming performance seems unaffected, and everything else seems totally normal. Frankly, I could really care less about the LEDs themselves, and I'd just as soon ignore the issue completely, but I'm concerned it may be indicative a potentially larger issue, and ignoring it just feels like a bad idea.

I'm running windows 10 (home I believe)
Specs are as follows
Motherboard: Gigabyte Auros B450 Pro Wifi AM4
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X (no cutom overclocks applied)
GPU: MSI Radeon RX Vega 64 Air Boost
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) TridentZ 3200mhz DDR4
SSD: Samsung Evo (860 i think) 250gb (boot drive)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 2T
PSU: XFX Pro 850w non modular

Any help is greatly appreciated

Jan 5, 2019
First of all, nice build lol it is almost indentical to mine except for the motherboard (Prime X-470 Pro), my SSD is a TB and I have the 2700 instead of the 2600x. From the sounds of it, if there is no performance lost, then i think it is just a faulty LED function. I would try contacting MSI directly and just see what they say because it doesn't seem to be a common problem as far as what I could find on for information.

Mar 17, 2019
First of all, nice build lol it is almost indentical to mine except for the motherboard (Prime X-470 Pro), my SSD is a TB and I have the 2700 instead of the 2600x. From the sounds of it, if there is no performance lost, then i think it is just a faulty LED function. I would try contacting MSI directly and just see what they say because it doesn't seem to be a common problem as far as what I could find on for information.
Thanks! Yeah I was really proud of it, and thought I did a pretty good job of performance to $$$ ratio considering the deals I got. But unfortunately, this update is not good news...
Update: Experiencing GPU crash of some kind. Monitor connected via Display port randomly loses signal to the GPU in the middle of games. (has happened twice now). Second time this happened, I took my headset off to hear the fan blasting louder than I've ever heard it. It's a blower style, so I felt the air coming out and it's just blasting literally cold air out. All the while, I still had sound, and continued to talk in discord and everything else appeared to be functioning fine. After really scouring online, I found someone with the exact same issue, and I believe they said their card ended up completely dying after a while. =*(

ASK THE COMMUNITY