MSI RX480 4GB Replacement fans?

DragonBytePC

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015
Alright so my ssd was having an issue so I put my pc on its side and booted her up, at the start of booting up the cards fans spin fast for a couple seconds, and the power connector has a 6 pin and a 8 pin and the 6pin ended up getting caught in the cards fan and ended up taking out 2 of the cards blades on one fan. I've searched eBay for fans or a while new cooler but no luck and I've also contacted MSI but my card was bought from overseas and its been over 30 days (it's been just over 2 months now) and they didn't help me at all because the card was purchased overseas.

deltapapazulu

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Too bad this thread never gained traction. I can't understand why the industry makes it so hard to replace a fan on a graphics card. I just purchased an MSI RX 480 4gb Gaming X one of the fans became obstructed for weeks by a wire. When I discovered this I simply removed the obstruction and the fan started turning again but it visibly looks as if it is not turning at the same speed as its twin.

All I want to do in life is just be able to say "Hey, I'll just get online and order a new one." Not that simple. It is easy as hell to disassemble the card and put a new fan on it. Why is it not just as easy to find the goddarn fan to do this? It is just a dopey little piece of plastic hardware that I should be able to find (non-used) within three clicks of a mouse!

curtthurston

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
I have the same problem, two broken fan blades on an Asus strix RX 480.

I haven’t ordered one yet but there are dozens of fans that come up for a search for them on Ali Express.

https://m.aliexpress.com/search.htm?keywords=asus+strix+fan#/

You can only replace the GPU fan if the card was designed with replaceable fans.

hasd15568

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
I acctully hace this gpu same thing happened to me 2 blade fans broken contact the store where i bought gpu from and after days the told me there is replacement fans for this gpu they send it to me but i wait replay from msi if i remove """"warranty void if removed " sticker will void my warrenty