Msi rx480 gaming 8g static/green screen

rjc2337

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
I have a pc i built 2 months ago fx8350 msi 990fxa gaming mobo and an msi rx480 8g gpu. Worked fine until I started using a 4k display (only game in 1440p). I keep getting a static looking screen followed by a green screen then everything returns to normal. Seems to be random. I've tried reinstalling drivers rolling back drivers removing overclocks on both my cpu and gpu undervolting. Nothing is stopping it. Any suggestions?

Solution
Thanks for the reply. I believe it has to do with my display. I was reading on a vizio forum that people are experiencing similar issues even with ps4 pro and xbox one s when using the displays hdr feature. They are working on an update to fix the issue. Turned the hdr feature off and havent had an issue since. Thanks

rjc2337

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

rjc2337

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Thanks for the reply. I believe it has to do with my display. I was reading on a vizio forum that people are experiencing similar issues even with ps4 pro and xbox one s when using the displays hdr feature. They are working on an update to fix the issue. Turned the hdr feature off and havent had an issue since. Thanks

Solution

fukerknuckles

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
I was getting the same issue, particularly when switching between game and desktop (Pubg for example), when I changed the name of my TV channel HDMI to HDMI PC, the problem went away. It took days of thread reading to find this obscure suggestion but it worked for me. I can now do full 4k without the issue. I might get a quick flash as it changes to game but that's it. Hope this helps :)