[SOLVED] MSI RX580 4G - Dual 4K 60hz possible?

Aug 4, 2021
I just got 2 Samsung 28" 4K monitors UR55 models. I have them both using Display port. One is a brand new cable 1.4 one I am uncertain of the version cable. If I have both monitors on I get 30hz on each. If I turn one off the other turns to 60hz. Both monitors (cables) do this.

Is it possible to get them both at 60hz or is it a video card limitation?

When I try to manually put them to 60hz windows says accept , I hit yes, but then it changes to 30hz again in a few seconds.

Thanks for any input.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You can try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall with the latest version off of AMD's support site. While reinstalling your GPU drivers anew, install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. As for your cables, I think they're fine since you get 4K@60Hz with either of the cables irrespective of the panel? If that's the case, then the issue is with your bandwidth allocation by the card, meaning you're hardware limited(the GPU), see if you can work with the HDMI port to get the second display to 4K@60Hz.

I think I just figured it out! I turned off Freesync on both monitors, now they both sync at 60hz on 4K , with Freesync on both...

Lutfij

Titan

You can try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall with the latest version off of AMD's support site. While reinstalling your GPU drivers anew, install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. As for your cables, I think they're fine since you get 4K@60Hz with either of the cables irrespective of the panel? If that's the case, then the issue is with your bandwidth allocation by the card, meaning you're hardware limited(the GPU), see if you can work with the HDMI port to get the second display to 4K@60Hz.

Aug 4, 2021

I followed those directions with clearing out drivers with DDU. No change. I plugged into the HDMI cable that came with monitor and that monitor runs at 60hz , however the DP monitor is stuck at 30hz . If I disconnect to the HDMI monitor then I can get 60hz on the DP. I cannot get 2 monitors at 4k 60hz.

1 DP monitor only - 60hz on DP
1 HDMI and 1 DP - 60hz on HDMI 30hz on DP
1 DP and 1 DP - 30hz only on both.

However I then tried this. I manually put the HDMI to 30hz and manual put the DP on 60hz and the DP stayed on 60hz.

So it appears I can only have 1 monitor at 4K resolution on 60hz at a time. the other has to be 30hz

Would this be a limitation then of the RX580? , I don't have experience with 4K on PC's though if this is normal for that level of card.

Aug 4, 2021

I think I just figured it out! I turned off Freesync on both monitors, now they both sync at 60hz on 4K , with Freesync on both one has to be 30hz
Does that sound right?

Solution