[SOLVED] MSI RX580 8GB compatibility

Oct 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am very new to an upgrading pc for gaming on my own and due to the lockdown in Melbourne, I am unable to go the store to get anything upgraded through them.
I want to replace my Rx 550 GPU with an MSI RADEON RX580 ARMOR 8G OC GRAPHIC CARD. Checking online to see if this card would be compatible with other components in my machine, did not provide me with very accurate results.

Can someone please confirm is this card would run fine in my current system?

Also, a possible comment on how hard it would be to install this card to my machine myself at home?

My current specs

Intel Core i3-8100 3.60Ghz
16 GB RAM DDR4
ASUS Prime B360 Plus
Power supply: Corsair VS550
Disk drives: SanDisk SSD PLUS 120 GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB Internal Hard Drive HDD

My first post here, please go easy on me.

Cheers.

Solution
The new card will have to fit in your case and be able to be run with your PSU.

You need to look uo the new GPU specifications to see how long it is. And you'll have to check your case specifications to see how long your GPU can be and still fit.
Most GPUs will fit in most cases. You'd only have a problem with a tiny case.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm shows that you need a 550W PSU with a 6pin and 8pin connector. Plus you should have a good quality PSU.
I think your current PSU should be fine.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
The new card will have to fit in your case and be able to be run with your PSU.

You need to look uo the new GPU specifications to see how long it is. And you'll have to check your case specifications to see how long your GPU can be and still fit.
Most GPUs will fit in most cases. You'd only have a problem with a tiny case.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm shows that you need a 550W PSU with a 6pin and 8pin connector. Plus you should have a good quality PSU.
I think your current PSU should be fine.

Reactions: Dyrex and Zen1998
Solution