[SOLVED] Msi rx580 works very temporarily then crashes computer

Feb 25, 2021
So I’m able to Not have issues if I don’t actually put the card to work... but if I game or anything(not overclocked default Radeon wattman settings) it lasts about 1 minute, gpu fan ramps up to 100% and computer restarts.. when it restarts gpu is still at 100% fans ... everything I think is compatible I have an ms 7641 ver 3.0 mobo, Ethernet connected internet, 650 watt psu (although it’s Prob close to 10 years old) I have 2 4gb sticks of ram, I set my virtually memory to 4000 min 8000 max, I have 1 mini msi rx580 and am i5 core processor

Solution
ok if u can when the system restarts put ur hand on the heat spreader and feel if it is hot +-60 to 70 c if not try to put new thermal paste if u got the know how it can be that it can not get rid of the heat fast and the driver bongs out also test with a alt power sup if poss
Aug 15, 2021
ok if u can when the system restarts put ur hand on the heat spreader and feel if it is hot +-60 to 70 c if not try to put new thermal paste if u got the know how it can be that it can not get rid of the heat fast and the driver bongs out also test with a alt power sup if poss

Solution