MSI Showcases G-Series GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]Norlag[/nom]So what is the difference between this and their other 660ti? Just aesthetics?[/citation]
Exactly. But it's kinda cool, it gives a good-looking to your build.

JJ1217

Honorable
[citation][nom]unknown9122[/nom]They couldnt even add a backplate or maybe 3GB of GDDR5? WOW MSI, way to be lazy[/citation]

Yep.

Card makers always make the best looking shrouds, and it'll be centuries until it occurs to them that in a PC build most of us only see the side/back of the card, not the front.

[citation][nom]TheBigTroll[/nom]no overvolt. boo ho[/citation]
you can overvolt all the gtx 6xx cards with a bios flash. Kepler Golden Bios. It uses the cards original bios and just alters the voltage and increase power limit, its safe to use.

f-14

Distinguished
2 GB of 6.00 GHz memory over a 192-bit GDDR5 memory bus
this made me laugh, why not just go 8 GHZ that 192bit choker is going to make that 6GHZ memory look like ddr3 at 1333.

just pathetic, try bumping the bit interfaces back to 256 where they are good or 384 and 448 or even 512.

i hear 192 bit interface and i think gt640 gt 630 64bit.
such a waste

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I never have been a fan of big fan and cooling assembly that dumps the heat into your already hot case. That seems counter to trying to keep your machine cool. There is a reason why designers create closed assemblies with paddle like fans to push the heat out the back.

its not really a overvolt. its still stick at 1.215v

murzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]The dragon logo does remind of that unicorn used on the Sparkle Calibre[/citation]

EXACTLY!

spat55

Distinguished
Why do I need my GPU to look pretty? As long as it doesn't make me want to puke, I go for performance, when I go for looks I go for some nice case with some very cool fans. It does look nice but no point in spending extra just for that, if it bothers you that much you will more than likely buy a aftermarket cooler anyway.

[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]this made me laugh, why not just go 8 GHZ that 192bit choker is going to make that 6GHZ memory look like ddr3 at 1333.just pathetic, try bumping the bit interfaces back to 256 where they are good or 384 and 448 or even 512.i hear 192 bit interface and i think gt640 gt 630 64bit. such a waste[/citation]

It is limiting, but it's not that limiting. Besides, the weaker memory bus is all that separates the 660 Ti from the 670 (well, the 8 fewer ROPs too, but they're linked to the lost memory controller anyway), so making it 8GT/s (probably not safe) or 256 (making it a 670) wouldn't make sense.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]Norlag[/nom]So what is the difference between this and their other 660ti? Just aesthetics?[/citation]

This one is from MSI so its made with jury rigged circuitry and runs like 4x more power than the maximum recommended by nvidia. did nobody else read about that? lol china gets away with anything these days.

[citation][nom]kyle382[/nom]This one is from MSI so its made with jury rigged circuitry and runs like 4x more power than the maximum recommended by nvidia. did nobody else read about that? lol china gets away with anything these days.[/citation]

Only MSI's PE series, IIRC, had the overvoltage and even then, it wasn't a big jump from reference voltage and MSI stopped doing even that much a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.