MSI Shows Off 10-inch Android Tablet with Tegra 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkeyes

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
That first tablet looks like garbage. That msi logo with the white line going across the bottom sucks.

The second one looks hot though, and considering it runs android, I'm definitely interested.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]pinkeyes[/nom]That first tablet looks like garbage. That msi logo with the white line going across the bottom sucks.The second one looks hot though, and considering it runs android, I'm definitely interested.[/citation]
I agree, the white border seems terrible. Interesting though, if it does sell for 400$ then I might buy it. I'm running an archos 7" tablet that is becoming terrible with the little amount of support they give to their customers. 250$ for an Archos 7 runs Android, chrome for searching online, 512mb of ram, and 160gb HDD, arm 800MHz. Bought it nearly a year ago when it was already two years old. To me it was, wow, 160gb hand held device that plays HD 1280x720! I needed to have it, although now that youtube and most of online sites use flash 10 the archos's online features are all failing. They say their still working to get adobe in making a compatible version of flash 10.1, although that's been planned for over a year. So if it doesn't happen by October of this year I'm thinking of sending it back for a full refund with the statement, "Your product was falsely advertising features that are no longer working."

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Sounds pretty good, all thats left now is to see battery life and how they perform and *sigh* let the ever so popular "potential ipad beater" articles begin.

rtfm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
[citation][nom]pinkeyes[/nom]That first tablet looks like garbage. That msi logo with the white line going across the bottom sucks.[/citation]

Look closely, that's a silver border isn't it? I too would rather have win 7. Though too be honest, I'd rather have a netbook, no keyboard would be rubbish for me...

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
[citation][nom]rtfm[/nom]Look closely, that's a silver border isn't it? I too would rather have win 7. Though too be honest, I'd rather have a netbook, no keyboard would be rubbish for me...[/citation]

I think he means the two lines either side of the MSI, not the border.Those lines may be silver as well, but I agree with him, silver or white, they shout bad retro eighties.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
I dont know seems expensive for what you get. I mean hardware wise it looks underspec'd. And everyone that says oh but R&D cost alot. Not when you are using the same R&D for netbooks and net tops.

gumbedamit

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I dislike Apple and am looking forward to a tablet other than the iPad. In order for other companies to succeed, they have to come correct, don't bring out crappy products. Make them look aesthetic pleasing; I need them to put their best foot forward. I have tried an iPad, and it just works for what it needs to do, competing products need to do the same.Just work!!!!

G

Like the looks,
Like the fact that it has an SSD.
Don't like the price so much though...

G

yes i agree the second one looks mean, i like gadgets to look like they can maul my granny... and her pet Chihuahua

[citation][nom]rsud[/nom]once again, everyone on the Apple bandwagon....[/citation]

how do you figure that. apple had a good idea with the tablet but when everyone heard about how f'ed up it was only apple fanbois that really liked it. now everyone else is trying to make a better tablet or a tablet everyone wanted apples tablet to be like

heck i would like one of these tablets just to lounge around and use it to remote into my desktop pc

unrealpinky

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I would rather have Android then Windows 7. Windows 7 was not really designed for a touch interface, IMO, and the touch was added as an after-thought. Android on the other hand was designed with touch in mind.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Hardware isn't quite there to support Windows 7 in an inexpensive tablet, with any kind of enjoyable experience. I'd like to be proved wrong, but Atom processors are just too freaking slow IMHO.

The Android based tablet was looking sloppy as hell. Dell has contracted out HTC to build 5", 7", and 10" tablets, and they're looking "Sleak". MSI will need to step its game up if they want to compete with the establish Android players.

tharkis842

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Hmm...tablets seem interesting. I'd be too affraid of walking around with something with such a large screen i could accidentilly scuff to he**. Also something this large they might as well make the screen 1280x720.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
The WindPad 100 is a Windows 7 Home Premium tablet that runs on Intel's Z530 Atom processor (1.66GHz).

but the next statement...

MSI was less showy with this next WindPad and we can't imagine why. Though it's also a 10-inch tablet, the WindPad 110 is likely to turn a few more heads, and not because of it's curvy design. For starters, it's not an Intel-based machine; the 110 runs on Nvidia's Tegra 2 instead.

I am confused...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
1 word

"Benchmarks"

When all these tablets are out and we can get a nice cross-section of benchmarks for applications that people actually want to run then we can make an informed choice about what to buy.

Problem is, if I want my tablet to install Abode Photoshop, install my USB printer to print out, then install Nero and burn the files to a DVD attached by USB then the iPad and the Android tablets are totally useless.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Good fucking luck trying to run Photoshop with an Atom processor, low RAM, no keyboard, and a cheap touchscreen designed for icon presses with a finger.

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
The ipad is successful IMHO because of A) the App Store, B) the sleek form factor, C) the touch UI, D) the App Store, E) the App Store.

Not sure how a Win7 tablet will work unless it's fully Windows7 w/ USB hosting support...then at least we can attach cameras, keyboards, mice, etc. to it. But the EEE Pad will be the best candidate for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.