MSI Shows Off Eco-Friendly Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

josejones

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
Why can't gaming motherboards also be "Eco-Friendly" and "very low-power" when one is not gaming?

I'd love to be able to: "switch off unnecessary components, such as the audio, certain USB ports, and more" to save system resources etc. That would simply be a "SMART" mother board.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
@josejones yeah it seems all motherboards can be eco-friendly. The Intel bus chips has a lot of power management features and so I guess with eco motherboards they put in more efficient voltage regulators. The USB, sound is all on one chip and I guess they all have the ability to shut off portions of it's silicon to save power.

I'd like more details on how this is more eco than other motherboards in terms of hardware!

Jeffrey H

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
Yet it is too bad AMD still has yet to get a board like this, and I am staying with AMD due to not being a fan of LGA Sockets, no offense Intel Fans.

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
This is "marketing gone crazy". These boards, along with all other boards, are not at all Eco-friendly. There are many toxic non Eco-friendly chemicals required in the manufacturing of all boards. I would like to know if there is a significant reduction in toxic chemicals in the manufacturing process.... I dare say that something like that would be much better for the environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.