MSI Shows Off G-Series Motherboards at CeBIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks nice, but the last sentence has a point, why new Z77 boards this late in the socket's life-cycle? though if they do one for the z87 chipset (which I bet they will), I'll consider getting it instead of ASUS ROG

SvRommelvS

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Not hyping a x79 MB in their lineup? I find that surprising considering Ivy Bridge-E looks like it will, in fact, exist.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
Speaking of late... PCI ports. Just about anything you could want with a PCI card can be found with a PCIe x1 port. And no PCIe x4 slot. Not a major issue but should probably have one at this level. PCI needs to go. It just pollutes high-end boards such as this.

GabZDK

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
The G45 and G43 seem to have an opportunity based on the specs and the color scheme, really good looking (Still not fan of the brown PCB but I think I can live with it on this one), just have to see if the price is convincing

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
why not do this for AMD mother boards too ?? especially sicne AM3+ is likely going to out last intel's current socket (unless steam roller uses new socket ?).

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Waiting for the next generation of kiddie consoles to release and get established before I think of a new gaming rig build but this MB line looks good, been using Gigabyte MB and love them. I do have a MSI 560Ti and it's been working great.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
So far there is no word on pricing or availability, but we can expect these motherboards to hit the market soon considering Z87 motherboards are around the corner.
I can't be the only one that thinks it's weird of MSI to launch more Z77 motherboards mere months before Haswell is fully launched (June 2nd IIRC).

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]shloader[/nom]Speaking of late... PCI ports. Just about anything you could want with a PCI card can be found with a PCIe x1 port. And no PCIe x4 slot. Not a major issue but should probably have one at this level. PCI needs to go. It just pollutes high-end boards such as this.[/citation]
PCI slots are still useful for legacy equipment. Take my E-MU sound card for example; it's perfect for doing studio work (read: recording and mixing) and it still uses traditional PCI making a motherboard with a PCI slot necessary for me. On the same note, there are already enthusiast motherboards that do not have PCI slots so you're already covered on that front.

f-14

Distinguished
dead end socket, due to die in '13, it's a weebit late to release your z77 in the game with the 2 minute warning in the last half.

they look pretty nice and sport some nice features tho, i will give them that.

[citation][nom]s3anister[/nom]I can't be the only one that thinks it's weird of MSI to launch more Z77 motherboards mere months before Haswell is fully launched (June 2nd IIRC).[/citation]

Honestly I think they're doing this as a prototype for a Z87 line of almost the same design. it's a good strategy for a company with a good reputation and some money to spend. they're basically getting to test the consumer response and board stability before they launch the real deal :)

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Always been a Asus motherboard fan but this last rig I built with a 2011 socket CPU was a MSI (MSI Big Bang-XPower II)... was actually so impressed by it and I am currently building a FM2 socket CPU build with an MSI board (MSI FM2-A85XA-G65) as well. They are both running great.

Status
Not open for further replies.