[SOLVED] MSI Stealth 15m Dragon Logo only

InfoJunkies

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
Hi, my customer's MSI Stealth 15m laptop powers on, but will only display the dragon logo. I can't get it to display the BIOS or Windows. I've tried booting from USB, and have tried every key combination the Internet has shown me. All I can think is that the BIOS is corrupted.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Solution
If working with another SSD allows you to go past the MSI BIOS Splash Screen, then perhaps your current SSD is to blame. Try working with a donor SSD before going out to buy a new one or RMA'ing your own SSD.

Lutfij

Titan
Happy New Year!

You could try and remove the storage from the laptop and see if you're able to make progress in getting into BIOS. If you think the BIOS is corrupt, you could try and flash the BIOS chip using a CH341A BIOS programming tool kit, but please be warned, if the laptop is under warranty, best not fiddle with the innards and send it off for an RMA.

InfoJunkies

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
Happy New Year!

You could try and remove the storage from the laptop and see if you're able to make progress in getting into BIOS. If you think the BIOS is corrupt, you could try and flash the BIOS chip using a CH341A BIOS programming tool kit, but please be warned, if the laptop is under warranty, best not fiddle with the innards and send it off for an RMA.
Removing the SSD allows me to get into the BIOS. Replacing the SSD causes me to lock up at the Dragon logo again. Disconnecting the battery & discharging the capacitors has no effect.

Do I need to replace the SSD? Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
If working with another SSD allows you to go past the MSI BIOS Splash Screen, then perhaps your current SSD is to blame. Try working with a donor SSD before going out to buy a new one or RMA'ing your own SSD.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS