MSI Teases Its Upcoming X99 Gaming Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

delazaren

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
The rear I/O is very nice. I like how clean it is except one thing. Do people still use/need the PS/2 port?
Personally I use PS/2 keyboard on my main PC. I think they are more responsive and are definitely recognised during all stages of booting up any PC.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Personally I use PS/2 keyboard on my main PC. I think they are more responsive and are definitely recognised during all stages of booting up any PC.
That's kind of what I was thinking, but if I were to go buy a new keyboard and mouse, what is the likelihood that I could even find a ps/2 KB or mouse. Everything seems to be USB for that past 5-6+ years. I did a quick Amazon search and didn't find anything appealing. I work in IT and other than Docking Stations all of our Dell systems have decided to leave that port off since the Core 2 Duo era. We haven't received PS/2 keyboards since the Pentium 4 era.

hardcore_player

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
looks like it's going to be a great year for hardware builders ...what a violent peace of art .. MSI did a great job at least from the looks of the board itself ...can't wait to see the Rampage V ......

EthanG

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
The rear I/O is very nice. I like how clean it is except one thing. Do people still use/need the PS/2 port?

I always use usb>ps/2 when i can. N-key rollover babyyyy

mf Red

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
That's kind of what I was thinking, but if I were to go buy a new keyboard and mouse, what is the likelihood that I could even find a ps/2 KB or mouse. Everything seems to be USB for that past 5-6+ years. I did a quick Amazon search and didn't find anything appealing. I work in IT and other than Docking Stations all of our Dell systems have decided to leave that port off since the Core 2 Duo era. We haven't received PS/2 keyboards since the Pentium 4 era.

PS2 you can press all the keys simultaneously. USB tops out at about 6. Some mechanical keyboards come with PS2 connections.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yup it is! I purposefully held off Z97 and X79 on my main build to wait for X99 / GTX 880 and I'm thinking the wait is going to pay off, especially with all the sweet hardware that's being revealed in the next couple of months.

The_Icon

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
MSI have come a long long way, I am using their Z87 G 43 Gaming motherboard, I just love it and the board looks awesome as well.

J Truman Ostler

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014
I have owned over 7 msi mother boards they are not the best but the are the Longest lasting stable boards out thier , good prices and warrantty too this well be my next board my x59 is starting to show her age peace out

zanny

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
Aren't the Haswell-E chips supposed to come with Iris Pro? Where are the onboard video outs? Not like they didn't have space left on the board.

It is just useful when debugging OCs and such to have the integrated gpu available.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
Aren't the Haswell-E chips supposed to come with Iris Pro? Where are the onboard video outs? Not like they didn't have space left on the board.

It is just useful when debugging OCs and such to have the integrated gpu available.

No. Iris Pro is available on Haswell and Broadwell-K.

KaiserPhantasma

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2013

goes to show im still "new" to the tech world as I forgot a simple fact for the LGA2011 platform

Status
Not open for further replies.