MSI to Intro New Laptops at Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nightblade looks somewhat interesting - here's hoping for an OEM version soon, or at least a very cheap barebones option that could be affordable only for the case.

Otherwise, it's the silverstone raven or the flat version of the same for me.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
"During the show, MSI plans to introduce new additions to its GS series: the MSI GS70 Stealth and GS60 Ghost series. These come packed with a fourth-generation Intel Core i7 "Haswell" processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX 870M graphics, SteelSeries keyboards, and Killer Game Networking."
MSI has already introduced these new additions and are already for sale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NqePNVojSc

"This new series also includes a "Sound by Dynaudio" speaker system, MSI's proprietary Audio Boost technology"
Yep, Dynaudio has been a part of MSI laptops for years now but hopefully they'll revamp it to new levels.

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
It's nice to see MSI tackling form factor in gaming laptops. It is not everyday you see super thin gaming laptops, lots of engineering has to be put into it to maintain efficient cooling, consumers will probably pay a premium for this.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
It's exciting to see the new MSI GT72 that'll replace the GT70. It now comes with a 220w AC adapter instead of 180W so it's not limiting there anymore. 2 fans instead of one powerful 12V fan. But I wonder if it has two weaker fans or if they are super powerful like the single one in the GT70.

BIOS overclocking options?
Easily upgradable like the GT60/GT70?
A bigger touchpad is nice.
4 M.2 SSDs in RAID 0 is a fad, might as well instead have a single PCI express SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.