How To MSI Tomahawk B450 + Ryzen 3600 +Balistix Sport 3000mhz not booting

Jul 19, 2019
Hi all,

Yesterday i got myself a mobo Tomahawk b450 with a ryzen 3600 cpu. I've installed them by the book, boot them up the first time and i got to bios menu. There i had the bad idea to overclock the ram from 3000 mhz to 3200 mhz. After restart, it never boot again.
I've tried everything to reset the bios but nothing worked. Updated it to version 19...still don't get a post...
What should i do to reset the bios to factory as i believe the ram OC messed it all up. Battery removal or the jumper trick didn't work for me. Is a bios glitch after all as i tend to believe reading all the other comment?

Thanks in advance!
All the best!

I suppose you updated the BIOS using the Flash BIOS button? Assuming that was successful, you should try running the system with only one stick ok RAM, as follows: try each stick of RAM individually, in each individual RAM slot. If you can manage to boot it like this, go into the BIOS and turn any overclock setting off. Then, put the other stick/s back in, ands we how things go.

Jul 19, 2019
I suppose you updated the BIOS using the Flash BIOS button? Assuming that was successful, you should try running the system with only one stick ok RAM, as follows: try each stick of RAM individually, in each individual RAM slot. If you can manage to boot it like this, go into the BIOS and turn any overclock setting off. Then, put the other stick/s back in, ands we how things go.
I have updated it using flash bios button, yes. Flashed red for about 4 mins having the mobo cpu debug led red all this time. I will try the with every dim individually and post the result. Thanks!

Reactions: ConanLock
Jul 19, 2019
Just finished testing with each ram individually fitted and still no post from BIOS.