Question MSI Tomahawk Z490 not POSTing after over a year of use ?

Oct 2, 2021
Hi
I have been using the MSI Tomahawk Z490 for over a year now, and did recently update my GPU but have had no issues with it until today.
The computer was running fine yesterday working as normal and I shut it down normally. Today when I go to boot my PC it comes back with the CPU and DRAM lights alternating turning on and off with no power going to my keyboard or mouse and no POST.
I have tried the following troubleshooting steps to no avail.
  • uninstalled and reinstalled the RAM sticks.
  • reseated the CPU.
  • removed and reinstalled the battery in the motherboard to reset CMOS.
Please help as I really don't want to have to get a new MB thankyou

SPECS
MB: MSI Tomahawk Z490
CPU: i7 10700k
RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 3200
GPU: Gibabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3070ti MASTER
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By updating the GPU, do you mean you upgraded the GPU physically or you did a driver update or did you overclock it? If it was a GPU upgrade, what GPU were you on prior to the RTX3070Ti? How long was the battery out of the motherboard? You're advised to disconnect from the wall and display prior to removing the CMOS battery.

Oct 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By updating the GPU, do you mean you upgraded the GPU physically or you did a driver update or did you overclock it? If it was a GPU upgrade, what GPU were you on prior to the RTX3070Ti? How long was the battery out of the motherboard? You're advised to disconnect from the wall and display prior to removing the CMOS battery.

By upgrading the GPU, I went from a 1080 to the 3070ti. I have had no issues with this since upgrading until now.

I did disconnect the power but to no avail

Oct 2, 2021
Issue is now resolved. Turns out I got unlucky when I tried one stick of ram and chose the one that had died. 3 of the 4 sticks are working and one has died causing the no boot issue.