Question MSI Torx fans (1660 Ti Gaming X)

quadrax

Honorable
Feb 5, 2018
Hello all. I have experiences in components for PC, but i am not sure (and can't find) any information about longevity of torx fans. I just bought few days ago - new - MSI RTX 1660 Ti ( Gaming X edition ) and i am curious about their lifespan and longevity. To be more accurate - How much it wear bearings on this MSI Torx fans (from Gaming ediitoni of Cooler) ? Because i am playing game (for example), which is not so much GPU power hungry (when there is no action), but where is action and some effects, GPU become warmer and then turn fans on, later (lets say few mins) there is again no action and the time between action and idle (for example selling thigs, polishing other items) fans turns off, then again.

My primary question is, then : Do i have to worry about turning on / off fans in so short time (while gaming like this) or should i set my own Fan Curve in MSI AB, or just i can ignore it? My location is atm warmer (26°C ambient at day), because there is starting summer.

I cannot find any information (or even test / experiences from users) if this is reliable information (about longevity with these fans) or not and if i have to worry about this things. Maybe i am just paranoid, but i wouldn't broke the fans lets say (with this stopping / running ) after year. I know there is a RMA possible, but still.

Could you say your opinions please? Thank you so much.

Regards,

Arm0r!

Your GPU is having the ZERO FROZR technology from MSI. The fans would only spin after a certain TEMP threshold is reached, i..e 60 C. In idle mode, they won't spin.

PR8EA4I.png

I was asking if it's in a way bad or so (situations like light / heavy gaming switching so fans starting / stopping from rotating.). If this can cause any wearing in long terms

Nope, that shouldn't cause any wearing though. It's designed to function like that, IMO. And, yes, I've read your full post before.

EDIT: IF you are worried about the fans starting/stopping, then you can create a custom fan curve via MSI Afterburner, which suits your needs..

Last edited:

Sheikh Tashdeed Ahmed

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2016
Hey, I also could not find much reliable information on torx fan 3.0. I basically want to know the bearing type of this fan technology from MSI. Also, during cleaning with a blower, did your graphics card's fans break or something?
Was wondering on the durability.

TRENDING THREADS